Holy balls, I just turned in my last final of Spring semester, and am officially DONE with my first year of grad school. I knew that time would fly when happily accepted my letter of acceptance, but here I am, a year later, and feeling both relieved and sad that this incredible journey is almost over.
In the Fall, I did recaps every four weeks. This time, its just a semester recap, so here goes.
- My professors! My “legal issues in recreation” prof was a wonderfully down to earth, authentic and sincere lawyer-turned-teacher who’s love for purple made her twice weekly wardrobe choices quite amusing. Really, who knew so many shades of purple existed! My “US Sport in Culture” professor was the most interesting, cool, challenging and intriguing teacher I’ve had so far at CSULB. Her class was awesome, and while she wasn’t the most “personally approachable”, she was still my favorite teacher so far. Also, I have to say this class was the first class that I felt was worth my money, which as anyone attending college knows, is not CHEAP! Rounding out the pack was my “Conflict, Negotiation and Mediation” professor, who was really fun. Super approachable, easy to talk to, great lecturer and damn nice, I learned more from her about interpersonal conflict and how to communicate better during conflict than I did in the 8 weeks of marriage counseling my hubby and I suffered through. We got NOTHING out of that experience.
- Getting a greater understanding of legal issues in Recreation. Thanks to my legal studies class, it sparked a greater understanding of legal issues in aquatics that I am grateful for. Know that I think about it, Im grateful for all my class this semester, because I walked away with great education from all three classes that are really applicable to my life and career.
- The Kinesiology Graduate Colloquium. It was neat to see other Kin graduate and hear about their research.
- March Madness! I wrote an entry about it here.
- celebrating my mothers birthday, my birthday and the opening of my company’s second location.
- Sunsets at 730pm, not 430pm! Yeah for sunlight!
- Going to Vegas for Spring Break. Woo hoo!!
- My gas bill. Ugh. I’d die for an electric car.
- Celebrating my birthday. When do they go backwards? I hate getting older!
The guy “yanked” from the library! LOL
- The passing of Junior Seau, Whitney Houston and MCA, among others. So sad.
- Skanky girls over spring break. Be a class act, not a trashy whore
- The disgusting anti-abortion protestors and their horrible posters of aborted babies in various stages of development. While I understand that they have the right to freedom of expression, I think it’s a little too gruesome. While one could give them a little credit for posting a warning signs, still, I don’t need to see it, and it still not going to change my perspective on things.
Well, that’s it… year one down. Keep checking in, as I may post about my summer. Lots of plans!!!