Let me hear from you!
It’s funny how you go through chapters in your life. They open, they close, they end with a “to be continued”….
My marriage was the beginning of a HUGE chapter. When I got my Bachelors degree, that closed a chapter that I had fought long and VERY hard for. Closing that chapter was so bittersweet and long overdue. Now, four weeks into a chapter that I never thought would even be written in the novel of my life, I can say that I haven’t been happier, prouder and more at peace with my life.
That being said, DAMN, I’m getting fat from the endless cycle of sitting, studying and snacking, my brain is exploding, I have no social life, my wardrobe is dwindling to work out clothes, because they are the most comfortable thing to wear when you sit and study for 8 straight hours, and it’s been tough connecting to students and creating new social opportunities. It has been a busy, crazy and blissful 4 weeks, and here is the summary of it all.
- Starting!!! The first day of school was so amazing. The feeling of walking on campus for the first time can never be duplicated.
- The Campus. It’s beautiful, spacious and full of bricks, art and trees.
- Meeting the students in my program and hearing what interests them, their motivations and why they are at CSULB.
- The anticipation of meeting the professors for the first time.
- The gym. Glass, brick and full of attractive people.
- The food. Great variety, tasty and reasonably priced.
- The variety of ways to get textbooks. They are expensive and heavy. Thank goodness for ebooks, book rentals, Amazon and half.com.
- There are chalkboards in bathroom stalls. So weird and so cool!
- Learning new, fun, exciting concepts and ideas. Being challenged.
- Parking. Is there a college campus where you don’t stalk a student for their parking space?
- Tuition. Tripled in the last 5 years. Less classes, more money, longer time to graduate. Booo!
- Bitter professors. See above. They are battling a lot, but really, try to understand it from our perspective too.
- My commute. Honestly, it’s about 70-90 minutes, and not THAT bad, but wouldn’t it be nice to live closer…
- Fashion choices of freshman girls! Wow, it’s either short, transparent, or….slutty.
- Fashion choices of freshman boys! It’s either grungy, sloppy or just plain dirty!
- The halls of the Kinesiology department. haven’t been renovated since the 60’s. Ugh.
- The smokers who sit right by classrooms doors. gross!
- The crazy guy who spewed his religious crap the other day.
- The other guy masturbating in the bathroom.
It’s amazing what the first four weeks brought, and if the the next two years is going to be like this- wow, this chapter is going to be one hell of a good read!
There is something that is really peaceful about the Horn Center….and the art museum inside is really cool too!
This is painted on a wall in the library. I think it’s beautiful.
I was so excited to see this guys shirt, all the way up at CSULB! Hodads representing!
Hmmm. Should I say something?
So on Thursday the 22nd, I have not one, but two ( 2!) big projects due in my Stats class. Like a diligent and obedient student, I have dedicated many, many hours to achieving what I presume to be utter perfection,and expect nothing but the highest of scores on each assignment.
This one little project, a research article critique, cost me over 15 hours of my life. So much could have been accomplished in those 15 hours: Facebook status updates, bikini-clad car washes, jogging down the boardwalk in my daisy dukes….. Ha ha. I kid, I kid. The work comes at a high price. With an investment of 8 straight hours yesterday, 6 the day before, and 8 hours today, I have begun to go a little crazy.
Two things come to mind in my delirium: Rocky Horror Picture Show, and a good Merlot.
(Riff Raff) It’s astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll…
(Riff Raff) But listen closely…
(Magenta) Not for very much longer…
(Riff Raff) I’ve got to keep control.
I remember doing the Time Warp.
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me.
(Riff Raff & Magenta) And the void would be calling.
(Guests) Let’s do the Time Warp again.
Let’s do the Time Warp again